The Piedmont Plug provides the necessary transition between interior and exterior wall systems so they perform to their full potential. Sound transmission between rooms is no longer a problem. Building code requirements, confidentiality, privacy, productivity and HIPAA compliance for buildings with glass facades now have a simple, yet effective design solution.
Here are the facts:
- A standard mullion has an STC rating of 28. If left exposed, sound transfer between rooms will be a problem due to the poor noise deadening performance of the mullion.
- The Piedmont Plug can increase the STC rating of the mullion up to 57.
- FGI Guidelines for Health Care Construction and International Building Code for Multi-Family Dwellings have minimum STC requirements for demising walls. When tested as an assembly, minimum code requirements will not be met if a demising wall terminates at an exposed mullion.
- The Piedmont Plug is easy to install during new construction or added to an existing space to correct existing sound transfer problems or code violations. The Piedmont Plug has become the standard design detail for many leading architectural firms and property management companies.
Piedmont Plug composite core section
- Standard Thickness: 3/4” or 1”(custom thicknesses available)
- Width & Height: Fabricated to field dimensions provided by installer.
- Fabric Facing: see color chart for availale standard colors.
- Mounting: adhesive or acrylic tape.
Common places to use the Piedmont Plug
- Demising walls between tenant spaces
- Conference rooms
- Private Offices
- Break Rooms
- Huddle Rooms
- Audio Visual Rooms
Color Chart for Piedmont Plug
- CONTENT: 100% Solution Dyed Acrylic
- LIGHTFASTNESS – 1,500 Hours
- REPEAT: NONE
- DIRECTION: Non-Directional
- CLEANING CODE: WS
- WIDTH: 54″
- FIRE CODE: UFAC 1, CAL 117 E, NFPA 260
- FINISH: Durable Water Repellent
- ABRASION: 60,000 double rubs
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
- STYLE: Solid
- CATEGORY: Outdoor Made in USA
- USAGE: Multipurpose